The Paragon Process begins with a review of our client’s business including its history, business model, financial and operational performance. We identify market synergies and create opportunities that propel strategic value for our clients. With a managed timeline we guide our clients each step of the way.
Step 1 - Exit Strategy
We begin each client engagement with a thorough evaluation of the business including its current economic value and how that value fits into shareholder expectations. We assess the active M&A markets as we develop the strategic plan and target high-value buyers and investors. We use our proprietary market intelligence to prepare the company for sale or private-equity recapitalization.
- We begin by listening to and understanding your goals and objectives
- Develop exit strategies, strategic options, and transactional guidance
- Conduct in-depth research and our exclusive MarketPulse® Intelligence Insight
- Detailed review and analysis of business operations and company financials
- Prepare confidential information memorandum – Executive Summary presentation
Step 2 - Marketing and Matchmaking
Over the past thirty years in the healthcare industry, we have developed a broad and deep database of strategic and qualified buyers. We constantly update our research in both public and our proprietary databases containing profiles of thousands of buyers and their most current acquisition criteria.
- Research and assess current buyer universe
- Initial screen buyer’s qualifications, ie: funding, valuation, and motivations
- Direct personal contact with buyer’s principals and senior management
- Coordinate confidentiality documents and presentation materials
Step 3 - Competitive Bid Management
An experienced Paragon Ventures Partner and Managing Director (not an analyst or junior staff) manage a quiet, comparative bid process to maximize value, optimize transaction proceeds, and produce results.
- Obtain formal indications of interest
- Manage bid submissions
- Negotiate terms with all interested parties
- Accept offer and sign letter of intent (LOI)
Step 4 - Transaction Closing
On-going transaction management services to maintain efficient communications and interaction between all parties involved, every step of the way… through to closing!
- Assist in the coordination of due diligence and highly secured data rooms
- Communicate purchase documents, definitive agreements, and schedules
- Complete and close transaction